Passionfruit curd loaf cake
In celebration of our new level and the health of all New Zealanders, here’s the perfect cake to enjoy with a decent cuppa!
110g butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tbsps lemon zest
¼ cup olive oil
2 large eggs
½ cup yoghurt
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
½ cup passionfruit curd (can use lemon curd)
¾ cup icing sugar
2 tbsps lemon juice
Splash of milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 180 C and grease loaf tin. Line with baking paper.
- Beat together butter, sugar and lemon zest until pale and fluffy then add the oil and mix for another minute or two. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 20 seconds between each. Stir in yogurt and gently fold in the dry ingredients.
- Spoon 1/3 of batter in the prepared pan and place half the curd in dollops on top. Repeat, finishing with last 1/3 of batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes then place a piece of foil on top to prevent top from going too dark and cook for a further 20-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out gently onto a wire rack.
- Mix icing ingredients together and drizzle over cake when cooled.