A man who died after being found unresponsive outside a Lower Hutt property last month had suffered a gunshot wound, police say.
Nathaniel Sturmey, 29, was found on Malone Rd in Waterloo on April 9, but was confirmed dead at the scene.
“Police have a large team of investigators working to identify all those involved in this tragic incident and to understand the full circumstances that led to Nathaniel’s death, and we are making significant progress,” Wellington field crime manager Detective Inspector Jamie Woods said.
Nathaniel Sturmey, 29, died on April 9.
Several search warrants have been executed in the Lower Hutt area today, and the Police National Dive Squad are searching an area in Eastbourne, Lower Hutt, in relation to the investigation.
“We know there are people who have knowledge of this incident and of those involved, and police are urging you to do the right thing and speak with us,” Woods said.
Information can be provided through 105, either online or over the phone, referencing file number 260409/9927.
You can also provide information anonymously through Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.
Loved ones shared news of Sturmey’s death online shortly after the incident.
“It is with deep sadness that we share the passing of our beloved son, partner, dad, brother and friend, Nathaniel ‘Geroc’ Sturmey,” one person posted.
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you