The next few weeks means plenty of indulgence, with Christmas and New Year's parties adding to a year already dominated by lazing away those lockdown afternoons.
Health and wellbeing expert Erin O'Hara joined Francesca Rudkin to share her tips on staying healthy this year:
- Don't skip meals to save calories or make yourself extra hungry for Christmas dinner
- Eat until you are satisfied and not stuffed!
- Visit people and not food
- Contribute a healthy dish to keep the balance between healthy & unhealthy foods
- Choose drinks wisely and limit alcohol intake. Balance a sugar / alcoholic drink with a glass of water as every second drink
- Enjoy holiday treat foods and take the time to enjoy the taste
- Don't feel guilty if you overindulge
- Say no to food / alcohol pushers