Apple's new phone are out
There's the iPhone and iPhone mini, then the iPhone Pro and the iPhone Pro Max.
Major things to know:
- iPhone 12 has improved drop performance and now has a more high resolution OLED screen (up from a LCD)
- The iPhone 12 Mini isn't really that mini. It's around the same size as the iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8 Plus.
- The iPhone 12 Pro has better cameras than the iPhone 12
- Apple is really pushing the Pro as a professional grade camera in your pocket.
- First smartphone with Dolby Vision video capture.
- Better sensors for better light and distance detection. including LiDAR technology.
- Images will be available in the RAW image format, preferred by digital photographers.
- MagSafe for the iPhone launches. It's a magnet on the back of the phone that helps accessories snap into the right spots.
- There are cases and even a credit card holder that attaches to the back of your phone.
- Can also be used for charging.
The iPhone 12 Mini will start at NZ$349 and The iPhone 12 will start at NZ$1499, and the iPhone Pro will start at NZ$1899 and the iPhone Pro Max will start at NZ$2099.
This will no doubt fly off the shelves. It's a direct competitor to Google Home and Amazon Alexa speakers at a US$99 price point. The HomePod was certainly aimed at the more luxury speaker market. It's still a device closely tied into the Apple ecosystem, but it looks pretty cool.
It is so easy to vote from overseas!
And it's not too late! You have until 7pm just like everyone back home.
You simply confirm a couple of personal details, download your forms, print, fill them out alongside someone who witnesses you and then upload!
LISTEN TO AUDIO ABOVE