These are so economical, easy and quick to make, like all of mum’s baking!
Makes about 30-36.
1 cup brown sugar plus 1 tbsp
1 cup oats
1/4 scant cup broken/chopped almonds
1/2 beaten egg
1. Set the oven at 180 C & line 2 baking trays.
2. Melt the butter and sugar gently then add the beaten egg, oats and almonds.
3. Mix all ingredients really well then place teaspoons full onto lined trays. Leave plenty of room for
them to spread. Each tray should take about 10-12 evenly spaced.
4. Bake for aprox 6-8 minutes, watching as they can burn very quickly. They are ready when golden
5. Remove from the oven and as they cool slip off onto a rack. Repeat with the last of the mixture.
6. Keep in an airtight container , they will last for at least a week.