London terror attack plotter was on de-radicalisation programme

Author
Newstalk ZB,
Section
Audio,
Publish Date
Friday, 4 January 2019, 9:01a.m.
London's Oxford street. Photo / Getty Images

A man who intended to drive a van into one-hundred people in London was on a de-radicalisation programme at the time.

Lewis Ludlow, who was an Islamic State supporter, pleaded guilty last year to planning the Oxford Street attack and raising money for terrorism.

UK Correspondent Gavin Grey told Tim Dower he was still scouting target areas for the attack, despite being on a de-radicalisation programme.

He says the programme looks at the people who are vulnerable or on the path the being radicalised.

"Almost a decade ago he was found carrying a knife, he had tweets and emails which exposed his support for Isis."

LISTEN ABOVE AS GAVIN GREY SPEAKS TO TIM DOWER

Mike Hosking Breakfast

Mike Hosking Breakfast

6a.m. - 9a.m.