Follow the podcast on
National is celebrating a breakthrough in negotiations, claiming they've agreed to policy deals with NZ First and ACT.
Despite what he called significant progress, Luxon wouldn’t say whether it was likely a Government could be formed by the end of the week.
Finance Minister-elect Nicola Willis says all three parties still need to sign off on a final deal before the new Government is formed.
"We're pleased that we've reached that significant milestone, because our focus has been on getting policy aligned this year. That's ultimately what the Government's going to be judged on."
- 'Major achievement': National agrees policy deals with Act and NZ First
- 'Nothing's been signed': Seymour says coalition negotiations are still ongoing, despite Luxon's claims
- Christopher Luxon is dragging his feet on coalition talks to get tax policies over the line - political expert
- Luxon emerges from talks with Peters, says only three outstanding issues remain
- Watch: 'Disingenuous' - Luxon hits back during grilling as coalition talks drag on
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you