Follow the podcast on
A food safety expert says this week's Hello Fresh food poisoning outbreak won't be the last of its kind.
Twenty people have reported symptoms of food poisoning, after eating spoiled fish from food delivery service Hello Fresh.
Food safety expert Bill Marler says the size of the outbreak indicates it's a handling problem at the manufacturers.
He told Kate Hawkesby it should be a warning to all meal kit providers, to be extremely careful.
“Consumers also need to ensure they store meal kits the same way they store any other groceries. People often don't treat food kits like other groceries.”
Marler says its crucial chilled goods are put in the fridge straight away, to avoid the risk of serious illnesses.
“The home delivery boom we've seen during Covid 19 is ripe for problems like this.”
Take your Radio, Podcasts and Music with you