ZB

Parliament protest: Police reveal 15 suspects as criminal inquiry continues

Author
NZ Herald ,
Publish Date
Wed, 22 Jun 2022, 1:38pm
This person is one of 15 people being sought by police. Photo / NZ Police
This person is one of 15 people being sought by police. Photo / NZ Police

Parliament protest: Police reveal 15 suspects as criminal inquiry continues

Author
NZ Herald ,
Publish Date
Wed, 22 Jun 2022, 1:38pm

Police are appealing for help to identify 15 people suspected of committing criminal acts at the occupation of Parliament's grounds.

Images of the people have been publicly released by police today in a bid to help identify the individuals involved.

Detective Inspector Paul Berry said police were reviewing more than 15 terabytes of photographs and videos to identify anyone involved in violent criminal offending.

"This is an enormous task and while we've made significant progress through our investigations, we now need the public's help," he said.

"If you recognise anyone from these images, please provide information to Police by calling Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111 and reference Op Convoy with the relevant photo number."

So far, police investigations had led to nine prosecutions and legal action against one youth. That was in addition to the arrest of 250 people at the occupation between February 9 and March 4.