Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and Dr Ashley Bloomfield gave a Covid-19 update,
LISTEN LIVE ON NEWSTALK ZB
- There are 53 new cases of Covid-19 in the community. All in Auckland. This brings the total number of active cases in the community outbreak to 562.
- The total number of community cases in Auckland is now 547 and 15 in Wellington.
- 522 cases have been clearly epidemiologically-linked to another case or sub-cluster, and a further 42 are yet to be fully established.
- 2 cases have also been reported as recovered.
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says numbers of cases outside of households is reducing.
- Cabinet has confirmed that south of Auckland will move to alert level 3 at 11.59 Tuesday. These settings will be reviewed in a week’s time.
- Northland will be lowered to level 3 on Thursday 11.59pm if tests come back clear.
- Auckland will remain at level 4 for 2 more weeks, then Cabinet will review.
OR FOLLOW THE LIVE BLOG