Joseph Parker's promoter seeks multi-fight deal

Author
Newstalk ZB,
Section
Audio,
Publish Date
Thursday, 18 April 2019, 8:02a.m.
Photo / Photosport

The promoters of New Zealand boxer Joseph Parker have returned from overseas with offers to secure his long-term boxing future.

Having lost his WBO title to Anothny Joshua in April last year, Parker says he's prepared to step into the ring at short notice.

David Higgins told Mike Yardley the next upcoming fight for Parker will be a turning point in Joseph's career.

"He has learnt a lot, Joseph's had a bit of a breather with six months away with his young children, but has now set his mind on finishing the job."

Higgins says they are in talks with several promoters in both the UK and USA on the next potential fight for Parker.

"We are currently in negotiation and I wouldn't be surprised if some type of decision is made in the next week. It's a complicated sitatuion and getting the timing right is very difficult."

Overnight Talk

Overnight Talk

12a.m. - 5a.m.