Christmas time means there is probably a mad rush counting down the days before the big festive lunch or dinner.
The question many of us have is how do you nail the perfect Christmas lunch?
New Zealand cooking legend Allyson Gofton told Mike Yardley her tips and advice on perfecting the most important lunch of the year.
Here are some of her useful ideas below.
- If you are doing the big Christmas lunch, remember to plan ahead and tick the boxes.
- You don’t want to over cater, people can only eat so much.
- The turkey will take at least three days to defrost in the fridge if it is frozen.
- Set the table, imagery is everything these days. Make it look pretty with some flowers in the middle.
- Make sure you have plenty of herbs, they will hide a multitude of sins. Take an Italian long lunch for Christmas day, don’t rush, make it a nice long day.
- This is the day you don’t have to follow the diet!
LISTEN ABOVE AS ALLYSON GOFTON SPEAKS TO MIKE YARDLEY