-

One-month-old hospitalised after being given wrong medication

Author
NZ Herald,
Section
Health,
Publish Date
Thursday, 7 June 2018, 5:54PM
The baby is reportedly in Hawke's Bay's intensive care unit. (Photo / Getty)
The baby is reportedly in Hawke's Bay's intensive care unit. (Photo / Getty)

A one-month-old baby is reportedly in the Hawke's Bay Hospital intensive care unit after it was given the wrong medication by a pharmacy.

The baby was taken to the hospital on Tuesday after it stopped breathing, Stuff has reported.

A Hawke's Bay District Health Board spokeswoman said the child was in a "serious-but-stable condition" and was recovering.

Stuff reported a pharmacy had mistakenly put methadone medication in a container that was meant to have the child's prescribed medication.