| Latest Motorsport News | Wednesday April 11 2012 7:46
Last minute talks have failed and a Hamilton man is pushing ahead with a bid to stop the Hamilton V8s.
Paul Smart's home will be surrounded by the track, set out for the event in 10 days.
Previous organisers have compensated him for the inconvenience by giving him cash so he could take his family away while the races are on.
The new owners are refusing to honour the deal, instead offering six three day passes.
Mr Smart is seeking an injunction in the High Court at Hamilton today and says he's doing it for his family.
"For them to suffer what they did last year is absolutely horrific," he says.
"We got the debris from the V8s coming into our property, we've got a chain-locked gate, the noise from the V8s, it's really sad for me to end up up having to do this."
Paul Smart says his lawyer will start the action this morning.
Photo: Last year's Hamilton 400 (PhotoSport)