A council-owned building in Christchurch has suffered more damage, after a second fire in ten days.
The fire at the warehouse in Welles Street in the central city broke out around 6.30 last night - with eight appliances fighting it at its peak.
The other end of the building was targeted by arsonists two weeks ago, and the city council had agreed to pull it down.
Fire service shift manager Karl Peterson says this fire has caused even more damage.
"Very extensively damaged and there is a digger on site that will be working to demolish what's left of the building."
Neighbouring properties were evacuated because of asbestos concerns.
Photo: NZ Herald